Funding for Readings
Poetry Ireland is happy to fund readings countrywide, north and south, subject to certain conditions:
- The sum is awarded towards writer's fees.
- The sum does not include expenses. It is expected that the hosts will cover the poet's travel and accommodation expenses where appropriate.
- Poetry Ireland only covers funds for readings that are open to the public. Separate arrangements for workshops etc. can be made independently with the poet.
- The sum is issued to the host organisation on completion of the reading and receipt of an invoice.
- Appropriate acknowledgement of Poetry Ireland's support must be made on all printed materials related to the event and to include appropriate use of our logo.
- Readings that cannot be included in our newsletter Poetry Ireland News will not be supported.
- Poetry Ireland will advertise the event through its media contacts, website and newsletter.
- Under no conditions will funding be granted retrospectively for a reading that has already taken place.
- Funding can be refused if Poetry Ireland's reading schedule is full, or if the proposed reading coincides with an already scheduled reading, or if a poet has recently been supported.
Closing dates for application for funding
20th November - for January/February newsletter and events
20th January - for March/April newsletter and events
20th March - for May/June newsletter and events
20th May - for July/August newsletter and events
20th July - for September/October newsletter and events
20th September - for November/December newsletter and events
What you need to do
- Make contact with the poet to arrange a reading. (If you have any difficulty please contact us at Poetry Ireland).
- Download an application form - below.
- If there is an admission charge, Poetry Ireland insists that there should be a concession charge for students, OAP's and the un-waged. Admission fees can be kept by the host organisation.
- Our logo and name should appear on all publicity material. (The host organisation should actively seek publicity for the reading).